I’ve created a short piece of music this weekend for the Disquiet Junto. Each week, there is a new composition challenge posted. This week’s challenge involved text-to-speech as a rhythmic element. For more info on the Junto, click here.
I’m pleased to announce the release of my 17th full-length Caustic Reverie album: Decadent Nemesis.
Released June 23rd 2009, the first Shufflebrain venture is a fusion of noise and ambient. Tortured vocals, heavily processed guitar, and chaotic synthesizers were utilized in these first five experiments. There was a disc crash during the recording of Experiment 4, and the three remixes are alternate reconstructions given the remaining files. It is also available to download from Jamendo.
1. Experiment 1: A Hologramic Theory (4:21)
2. Experiment 2: (redacted) (6:55)
3. Experiment 3: Sense Intensification (4:30)
4. Experiment 4: Memory Overflow (12:15)
5. Experiment 4.1: Memory Recall (6:38)
6. Experiment 4.2: Memory Recursion (4:27)
7. Experiment 4.3: CRC Error (2:51)
8. Experiment 5: The Hologramic Mind (6:31)
Just in time for Halloween, Caustic Reverie would like to unveil its fourth album. Drawing from elements of dark ambient, noise, and drone, Word Salad Surgery is by no means an Emerson, Lake & Palmers styled keyboard etude, but rather a nightmarish attack of Apophenia.
1. Prelude (3:08)
2. Word Salad Surgery (18:55)
3. Intermède (3:06)
4. Pareidolia (28:59)
5. Postlude (6:16)